Sunday, June 8, 2014

thumbnail

A date with David



            An early morning rise on Thursday for our trip to Florence.  Before goin we decided to google parking in florence and we found a nice clean underground around the corner from the tram station. A quick trip on the tram and we were at the central train station on our way.  
Walking into Florence as amazing. Such spectacular architecture. Loved it all!  

After wandering around for a couple hours together we decided to split up and meet back in time for our entry into the galleria dell academia.  

I wandered around the town snapping photons like a crazy man!   So much to see.  

A tour of the cathedral was beautiful.  Not a religious guy at all but I can appreciate the beauty of it all. I decided to venture to the top of the cathedral before headin to see David.  Up I strayed and about 20 minutes into the climb I realized I wouldn't have the time.  Yikes! Now what?i continued on to the ceiling and viewed the fresco right in front of me.   Then I found the stairs down.  Getting that fr was ok but then the stairs to the too were spiral and narrow and only 1 way. We had to wait 10 minutes for those ahead I us to come down so my time was ticking.  I decided not to chance it and headed down at my next opportunity. 

I met our gang at 3 for our 3:30 entry and in we went. Being a bit disappointed that we could not take pictures ( so I read in the books and signed posted throughout)  to my surprise everyone was snapping away. So I joined in. 
Rounding the corner there he was.  Huge! I really had no idea how large this statue was.  Magnificent!  So intricately carved and polished. Veins and bones popping from the hands and feet.  I must have taken 20 to 39 pics if this piece of art.  So glad everyone disobeyed the signs :)

Following this we headed me a beer. Hot and tired it was SO good!!!

An amazing day in Florence. When I return to Italy I plan on spending 2-3 days here just to wander the streets.  

Back at the villa later that evening we had all our left overs from the other day.  And that was it. To bed to rest for our next adventure!

Our last day in Tuscany we all split up. Mom, dad and Larissa hung around the villa and pool for the day.  Paul and Liew with Joshua headed back towards Florence to The Mall and Michael and I went back to montepulicanio to explore even more. 

Such a beautiful little town we wandered through as many alleyways as we could. If someone left a door open we went in. And lunch overlooking the historic old buildings was amazing.  Ahhh. I lived montepulicanio and will certainly go back.  

Before headin back to the villa we stoppe and bought some tasty balsamic vinegar aged 4 years. Almost the consistency of maple syrup.  Yum!

Dinner last night was a a local restaurant we tried to get into before but couldn't.  Fantastic!  Tasty and great service.  

Today we left the villa around 9 am bidding farewell to Bernadetta ( the owner) and Tuscany.  Ahhh so beautiful I cannot wait I return. 

A trip back to Florence to drop off the cars and now here we are in the train heading to Venice. 

Our next adventure begins!


TimeStamp : Jun 7 2014  8:33 am


Subscribe by Email

Follow Updates Articles from This Blog via Email

3 Comments

avatar

You guys know how to enjoy life.

Reply Delete
avatar

Interesting the choices people make when they have them :) I'd be with you boys!!! Drink lots for me.xoxo

Reply Delete
avatar

What an amazing trip. You will have memories that will last you a life time.

Reply Delete

About

Followers

Powered by Blogger.